On Saturday, June 7, I made Liam a set of flannel sheets and cut out some pajamas for Liam. The material was from Spotlight, and has frogs and snails (with googly eyes) all over it.
As Monday was a public holiday, and I cannot for the life of me find my interfacing (I lost it when I was moving stuff from one room to the other) the pajamas had to wait until Tuesday. On Tuesday I made a trip to Spotlight and got supplies, including some nice matching buttons.
The pattern is Kwik Sew 3126. I borrowed it from mum (thanks Mum!) I made it in the smallest size, and folded the hem twice. I got an extra pair of pajama pants out of the fabric which should come in handy.
As you can see, Liam loves his new pajamas!
Saturday, 14 June 2008
Thursday, 12 June 2008
I made Liam a pair of orange overalls last year, that everybody commented on. He has well and truly outgrown them by now, and he is starting to get a little big for his green and blue pair, so I made him up another pair of orange dacks!
I cut these out on Monday, June 2, and sewed them up on Tuesday June 3rd in time for a 1pm birthday party. He is wearing them here with the long-sleeved raglan t-shirt that I made on May 30.
I found these nice stripey buttons at Spotlight.
As you can see from the back detail, I did my usual adjustment of the pattern to join the straps at the back rather than having the crossover.
Haven't been in here for awhile, there was a bit of time there where it was a bit tricky finding the time and space to sew. Paige has moved back to her mum's, so now that she doesn't need her room full-time, it was decided that Liam could have his own room, and Paige would share hers with the sewing equipment. When the new baby comes, he or she can share with Liam.
So Paige moved out at the
Somewhere in there, I managed to sew Liam a pair of denim-look jeans. They are really a very stretchy Lycra that looks like denim, not denim at all. When I get around to taking a picture of them, I will post them on here. They were really plain, just a pair of pants with some elastic in the top. I put the elastic in using stretch zig-zag. They are a little loose around the waist so he has a big nappy pin holding them up, haha.
May 30th was a big day for me sewing-wise. I managed to make two hoodies and a long-sleeved t-shirt. I used the Kwik Sew - Sewing for Baby pattern book to make these. I was surprised at how quick it all was. The hoodies have snaps up the front, so are easy to whip on and off, and there is a bit of elastic across the top of the hood to keep it on if we're out in the weather.