Apart from the applique on the front, all the other stitching was done on the industrial machine. I used my regular machine for the appliqué as the industrial machine only does straight stitch.
The main fabric is corduroy from my stash, and the appliqué fabric was a freebie from Retro Mummy. I used the eyelets that came in the packet with my eyelet pliers. They aren't flash, but they were fine for this job as the back of the eyelet is not visible.
I used one long length of fabric and folded it in the middle to make the bottom edge of the bag. (I know this means that half of the corduroy has its nap the wrong way, but I don't think it really matters). The sides are done with French seams. The cord on these two bags were the handles from a dress shop bag. I actually bought some extra cord from Spotlight to do the others.
The bags were a hit. My Dad didn't really get why they were so popular until we explained that they each had a couple of match-box cars inside. (Tee-hee!) The idea is that the bags are to be used to store matchbox cars as my kids and their cousins have an awful lot between them and they all sink to the bottom of the toy box.