During the month of November, a challenge was set on Essential Baby to sew an oven mitt. Well, the oven mitt got finished with the exception of raw edges, before the end of November. The raw edges were zig-zagged, completing my oven mitt on Tuesday. So not really completed by the deadline, but understandable under the circumstances.
For my oven mitt, I used this tutorial. If I was doing it again, I would make the oven mitt bigger as it is a very snug fit.
Through doing this challenge, I actually used my walking foot for the first time. I quilted for the first time. I also jammed up my overlocker for the first time. Which is why it took me until Tuesday to finish the raw edges. I finished it off with zig zag. I might try next time to overlock the edges before sewing the top and bottom pieces together. Or I might just zigzag again. But jamming up the overlocker was not fun at all.