Sunday, 28 August 2011
Little Red Riding Hood Shoes
Ok, so I said that I was working up to something. I did it! I made Mary-Janes from some pretty red leather. It was so much fun! I used my industrial machine and I managed to not sew any of my fingers to the shoes! It is the first time I have sewed anything with leather.
They are far from perfect. My top-stitching is a bit crooked, but I am pretty happy with them for a first effort. With leather you can't un-pick (it leaves tiny, ugly holes), so you only get one shot. I can't be my usual pedantic self and un-pick and re-stitch until I am happy. Also, leather is kind of slick. It glides under the presser foot like nothing I have sewn before.
I don't think I can stop at just one pair.