Sunday, 26 December 2010
I was a little busy in the lead up to Christmas. I really should have started sooner than a week before, but I somehow managed to get them all done in time. Eight personalised pencil rolls. I used this tutorial from Little Munchkins, the only difference being I added some batting and some appliqué.
Friday, 24 December 2010
Merry Christmas everybody! The kids are really excited - Noah especially so! It's difficult to get them to sit still long enough to take a decent photo, so this will have to do. See you on the other side.
Tuesday, 14 December 2010
This is Noah's new shirt, using the same pattern as Liam's (Ottobre 3/2010 - 11 "Apple" Summer Shirt) in a smaller size. I used "Groove" fabric, from Robert Kaufman again, this time in green. I also used the same pearl buttons. Not much in the way of imagination going on here today....
Sunday, 12 December 2010
I finally finished the quilts and both of the boys are very pleased with them, as you can tell by this happy face.
This is Noah's bed with the quilt on. The fabric is Cogsmo, by Cosmo Cricket for Andover Fabrics. I have heard that Cosmo Cricket are known for their scrap-booking supplies, but they do fabric well too in my opinion.
This is the under-side of Noah's quilt.
Because I never showed it before, this is the under-side of Liam's quilt.
I even made them matching pillowcases.
I had trouble getting a clear picture of Noah's Label - It says
"To keep every cog and wheel
is the first precaution of
- Aldo Leopold."
It also says November 2010, even though I finished it last night and it's December. Oops - that was my attempt at setting a deadline by printing the labels before I finished. I didn't quite make it, but I didn't want to waste my label. It was pieced in November - does that count?
Thursday, 9 December 2010
My goal was to get these two quilts done by the end of November. I didn't quite. I just finished the quilting on Noah's this morning, and all I need to do now is some hand stitching in front of the tv.
The quilting is an all-over star and swirl pattern that I based on one I saw on Flickr. By the time I did Noah's I changed the swirly bits a little as I worked out a better way to do it. (And oops - I see that I missed a loose thread!)
I managed to get Liam's quilt quilted before the end of November, and the machine sewing part of the binding was done too, but I think it was December 3rd by the time I got the binding stitched down and the label on. I still used the one that says November though.....