Thursday, 14 February 2008


Well, I finished! It really didn't take that long. You know how I said a couple of posts ago, that I would have the pants finished by the end of the day, well I have a teeny, tiny confession. I didn't. I did get the waist band done, but half way through one of the leg hems, I ran out of bobbin thread. Not to worry, I actually half expected it to happen.

What I didn't expect to happen was this... I was winding a new bobbin up, and while it was spooling away, I was brushing the fluff out of the bottom of my machine. This is standard for me. Its pretty good, as if I didn't do it when I was winding bobbins, it wouldn't get done. And it gets done well, as there isn't a bobbin case in there to get in the way. Win - win! Anyway, brushing away, hmmm... its taking awhile. I look uo to see that I am out of tread on the spool, its all on the bobbin, which isn't even half full. You would think I would have been able to tell, but I never noticed. And no thread even closely resembling it... except on the overlocker.

So I wound thread on two bobbins yesterday. And today, I re-threaded the last thread back onto the overlocker, and finished the pajamas.

Now all I need to do is go on a mad hunt for the scrap fabric leftover from this, so I can begin my related mini project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. I would love to hear what you think.

Blogging tips