I completed this long-sleeved t-shirt yesterday, just before dinner. It was too late to take pictures then, so Maxx took some pictures for me this morning.
I used the same long-sleeved t-shirt pattern from the Kwik Sew Sewing for Toddlers pattern book, with the same modifications as before, as well as a few new ones.
For the sleeves, I traced a short-sleeve, and added the same extra to it that I added to the long-sleeve last time, as it is also designed for a ribbing cuff. I placed the long sleeve pattern over top of the short sleeve pattern, allowed enough for the hem and overlap, and drew a line across the long-sleeve pattern. I folded the pattern across this line so I was really only cutting out three quarters of a sleeve.
I finished the bottom edge of the short sleeve, and the top edge of the long sleeve, using my overlocker. I then folded the hem up for the sleeve and pressed it. I placed the short sleeve over the top of the long sleeve, and then joined the two using a twin needle.
For the neckband, the normal amount of ribbing to use for this pattern is about 29cms long, by 7 cm wide. I cut two 29cm strips in grey and navy, joined them length wise, and then trimmed the navy to 4cms from the seam, and the grey 3cms from the seam. I thne treated this as one piece of ribbing and attached the neckband as normal with the grey showing on the outside.
Before I added the sleeves to the shirt, I realised that it would be a bit boring, so I cut a big number two from some robot fabric I got from Spotlight. I made some of my nephews t-shirts out of this at Christmas and forgot to take pictures for my blog. The fabric was so good, I went back and got more, so I have a couple of metres of it in my stash.
Overall, I am pretty happy with how this turned out. It is a good fit, and my pattern is right to make more of these the same.