Yesterday I finished some pants I have been working on for Noah. They are from Ottobre 2006/3. Noah has been wearing holes in the knees of all his pants lately, so he was really overdue for some new ones. Now that he is walking, hopefully that should slow down a little.
I really put a lot of effort into finishing these off nicely, but I was a little disappointed that I had my iron set too high and melted the top stitching on one of the pockets. Notice my little "SOL" tag on the bottom of the left cargo pocket?
I managed to find some nice little metallic buttons from a shop near wear I live. I got $5 worth while I was there, I might go back and get some more - I love them. I added them to the back pockets as decoration, as well as to the cargo pockets. I also added some little jeans studs to where the pocket joins the side-seam.
The way that the instructions tell you to add the elastic is horrendous. Since I didn't have any extra hands to be able to stretch elastic whilst holding thread out of the way and guiding seams, after about a third of the way around, I ditched it. I went with threading the elastic through a channel. Much, much easier. If I was doing it again, I would be stitching down the sides of the top part of the front pockets so there were no alternate routes for the elastic.
I tried to take some pictures of Noah wearing the pants but he moves too fast!