Monday, 3 October 2011
Doll Quilt Swap
I signed up to participate in the 5th Annual EB Doll Quilt Swap. We are each assigned a partner who we make a quilt for which needs to be posted by the 30th of November. The image above is to help my partner make a quilt that suits my tastes.
We also had to answer a questionnaire
1. What colours do you like?
I like bright colours - especially against a white background.
2. What colours DON'T you like?
Anything murky or dull.
3. What style of quilt do you like best? (Abstract, arty, traditional, modern etc.)
I'm pretty open to all of these, although probably more modern and arty, than traditional. Would prefer to stay away from anything too country, with chickens or cows etc. I am liking fairy tale and nursery rhyme themes at the moment.
4. What techniques and trimmings do you like?
I love appliqué. I admire Helen's flying geese. I am open to many things.
5. Is there anything you DON'T want on your quilt?
Chickens, cows... home-sweet-home type sentiments
6. Skill Level
I'm relatively new to quilting, but I've been sewing for a long time. Intermediate but my quilting might be a bit wonky...
7. Which other EB-ers you've already made a quilt for, or received one from
I made one for Anna last year, and received one from Mands
8. Who will doll Quilt be for - child, wall hanging etc
I would like a wall hanging for Amelie's room. Hopefully she will be in her own room by the time this swap is over. Perhaps something that she can use for her dollies later on?
I participated in the swap last year, and this is what I made for Anna:
And this is what I received from Mands:
I haven't really decided what I am going to do this year... a decision that I need to make (and get started on) during Blogtoberfest.