Wednesday, 26 October 2011
I posted this image as part of wordless weekend some time ago. It was a bit of a tease, since I didn't post the recipe at the time (being wordless). Here it is again, this time with the recipe included.
250g packet milk arrowroot biscuits
180g butter, melted
2 x 400g tins condensed milk
½ cup lemon juice
½ teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
1½ tablespoons gelatine
½ cup boiling water
2 packets red jelly crystals
450ml boiling water
1. Line a lamington tin with baking paper. Alternatively, you may wish to use a plastic slice container, lined with baking paper. The baking paper will help you to retrieve your slice from the container once it is ready. Prepare a level space in your refrigerator.
2. Use a food processor to turn your biscuits into biscuit crumbs, add melted butter and mix well. Press into your prepared tin/container and place in refrigerator.
3. Dissolve the gelatine in the boiling water. In a medium bowl, blend the condensed milk, lemon juice, rind and gelatine mixture. Give it a good whipping with the mixer to get a bit of air in it. Spread the filling mixture over the base mixture, return to refrigerator and allow to set.
4. Combine jelly crystals with boiling water. Stir to ensure that all the crystals have dissolved. Cool to room temperature and pour over the slice.
5. Refrigerate until set. Slice and serve!