I've figured out that the six pairs of undies that I got from Pumpkin Patch are just not going to be enough, so I thought I would have a go at making them myself.
The fabric is a stretchy terry towelling that Mum gave me to make grow suits from. The pattern is from Ottobre 2004/4 (Winter).
The airplane on the front was on the disk that I got with my embroidery machine. I swapped the blue for green and the black for blue. I used cut-away on the back and used some solvy on the top to stop the loops from popping out through my image.
The undies have a layer of interlock in the gusset, and I added a layer of interlock to the inside of the front panel so that the back of the embroidery design wouldn't be too scratchy.
They aren't perfect, but I do believe they are kinda cute.
Now all I have to do is wait for him to wake up so we can try them on....